Kinkfest Prompting is NOW CLOSED!
Thank you so much to everyone who left prompts; judging from the response, they're already working their inspirational magic. Response to this fest is once again overwhelming and frankly far exceeded our expectations. We’d hoped to open claiming tomorrow, but with 18 pages of prompts to number and post, we need a couple more days. 463 prompts, btw!Kinkfest Claiming will open at 10am EST (3pm GMT) on Thursday December 16
We will post the prompt list as soon as we can.A few words on prompt claiming:
• You may only claim one prompt at a time. If you finish your first prompt, you may claim another. While there is no limit to the number of times you can do this, we do limit posting to once a week per writer/artist.
• Prompt claiming will be on a first-come, first-claimed basis.
• When claiming, you may list your top three choices. If someone has already claimed your first choice, we will give you your second, and so on.
• Remember to include the PROMPT NUMBER when claiming your prompt!
• Each prompt can be claimed only once for fic, once for art.
• You may claim your own prompt!
• You may claim a prompt even if you didn't submit any.
• If you don't see a prompt you like, you may create one for yourself and comment with it on the claiming post.
• Claiming by proxy is permitted.
And (like last year) this fest will have something a little unusual... When claiming your prompt you will be asked to state when you want to post.
What the heck do we mean by that? Well, the mods will not be posting your story or art to this comm on your behalf. We are all adults here (or we had better be!) and in this fest you will be assigned a posting date. We will open posting access for you on that date. You will be given 24 hours to post. If you fail to post your fic or art during that time – and you let us know that you do, in fact, have something to post – you will be permitted to post your entry after regular posting is completed.
Options for Requested posting week
week 1 - (Jan 25-Jan 29)
week 2 - (Jan 30- Feb 5)
week 3 - (Feb 6- Feb 12)
week 4 - (Feb 13- Feb 19)
Feb 19 – Feb 28 will be reserved for back-up posting
In your sign-up, you may also include limitation such as: I can't post Wednesdays!
and we will do our best to accommodate you.
Decide which week works best for you, and have it ready to include with your prompt claim. We will reply to your comment directly on lj with confirmation of your claim and the date you will be posting. We will also list everyone's posting dates in our HP Kinkfest Posting Calendar (links to google calendar)
The calendar will show who
is posting, but not which prompt they are writing.